- 12 ounces mixed spring greens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Lincoln County Reserve 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt and a few grinds of the pepper mill
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup candied or spiced pecans
- 1/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 of a red onion, slivered
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl or jar, combine the olive oil, maple syrup, vinegar, Dijon, salt and pepper. Mix well. The dressing can be made in advance and will keep several weeks in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature, and shake well before using.
- In a large salad bowl, add the greens, sliced apple, pecans, blue cheese, red onion, and dried cranberries. Drizzle with a few tablespoons of the vinaigrette just before serving and toss well.
A simple trick to assemble the salad in advance but keep the apples from browning is the following: Place the sliced apples on the bottom of the salad bowl and toss with enough vinaigrette to lightly coat. Place the greens and all the remaining ingredients except the pecans on top of the apples but do not toss. Store in refrigerator, lightly covered with a damp paper towel. When ready to serve, toss with a little extra vinaigrette and sprinkle with the pecans.Source: Fountain Avenue Kitchen