- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Lincoln County Reserve 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable container. Add the salmon; seal container and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain salmon, discarding marinade in bag. Place salmon skin side down on a greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with remaining marinade.
1 fillet: 306 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.Source: Taste of Home