- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 18 slices day-old French bread (3/4 inch thick), divided
- 1/2 cup stone-ground mustard
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Warm Lincoln County Reserve 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- Pour 1/4 cup butter into a 13×9-in. baking dish; set aside. Spread both sides of bread with mustard. Arrange 9 slices in baking dish.
- In a large skillet, saute the ham, mushrooms and garlic in remaining butter until mushrooms are tender. Add the onions; cook until crisp-tender, about 1 minute longer. Spoon over bread; sprinkle with cheese. Arrange remaining bread on top. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in parsley; pour over bread.
- Place dish in a larger roasting pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325° until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Drizzle with maple syrup if desired.
1 piece: 858 calories, 69g fat (41g saturated fat), 415mg cholesterol, 1152mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.Source: Taste of Home