Introducing your new favorite snack…
- 1 cup pepitas
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Lincoln County Reserve 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the pepitas to a large skillet and toast over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown and fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cinnamon, allspice, ginger, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove the pepitas from the pan and return the pan to the stovetop. Add the brown sugar, maple syrup and 1 teaspoon water and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is combined and the sugar dissolves, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the spices, then turn off the heat. Add the toasted pepitas and toss until the seeds are evenly coated. Pour over the lined baking sheet and spread to cool completely.
- Break up slightly, then store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to two weeks.