- About 2 pounds mix of carrots and sweet potatoes (turnips, beets, parsnips, onions—even brussel sprouts would work well, too)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Lincoln County Reserve 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt and a few grinds of the pepper mill
- In a small bowl or jar, combine the olive oil, maple syrup, vinegar, Dijon, salt and pepper. Mix well. The dressing can be made in advance and will store, tightly sealed, a week or more in the refrigerator.
- Cut vegetables into 1-2 inch chunks and toss with vinaigrette to coat lightly. Spread evenly over a greased baking sheet and bake in a 425-degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
I like to spread the vegetables on the baking sheet so the flat, cut sides are facing down. This will allow maximum surface area to be against the metal sheet and create optimal browning.Source: Fountain Avenue Kitchen