Makes about six cups
- 2.5 ounces milk chocolate, chopped, or 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Lincoln County Reserve 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, preferably dark
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Heat chopped chocolate or chips, peanut butter, maple syrup, and salt in a large heatproof bowl in a microwave on high 30 seconds. Stir to combine, then microwave 30 seconds more and stir until melted and smooth. Add cereal and gently toss with a rubber spatula until coated. Transfer to a large resealable plastic bag.
- Whisk cocoa powder and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Pour over cereal in bag, seal, and shake until coated. Pour out onto a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet and let cool.