- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup whole buttermilk
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup Lincoln County Reserve Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups white whole-wheat flour (about 6 oz)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons roasted unsalted pumpkin seed kernels (pepitas)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Place buttermilk and oats in a bowl; stir to combine. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Whisk together pumpkin, maple syrup, oil, brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in oat mixture. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a bowl. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture; whisk just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan; sprinkle with pumpkin seed kernels.
- Bake at 350°F until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 55 to 65 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan; cool completely. Cut into 12 slices.
Calories 200 Fat 9g Satfat 1g Unsatfat 7g Protein 5g Carbohydrate 28g Fiber 2g Sugars 13g Added sugars 11g Sodium 146mg Calcium 10% DV Potassium 3% DVSource: MyRecipes.