A nutritious salad that can be varied to taste. Great for a barbecue side dish or vegetarian lunch dish.
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup sultanas (golden raisins) drained (or raisins)
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs Lincoln County Reserve 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Cook quinoa in water by preferred method. When cooked fluff with a fork and spread onto a plate to cool.
- Remove peel and all pith from orange with a knife. Segment the orange between the membranes, catching any juice into a small bowl.
- Squeeze the orange membranes into the bowl to catch any further juice. Cut segments in half crosswise and set aside.
- Make the dressing by combining vinegar, maple syrup and mustard in bowl with the orange juice. Whisk to combine.
- Place quinoa in a large bowl and add sultanas, orange segments and baby spinach leaves.
- Pour over dressing and toss everything well to combine.