- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Lincoln County Reserve Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or maple flavoring
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, syrup and vanilla until well mixed. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in coconut.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Test Kitchen Tip
Maple flavoring and maple extract can be used interchangeably in this recipe.Source: Taste of Home