Butter and maple syrup is a combination worthy of the ripest grilled summer fruits. Can’t find apricots? Try this recipe with peaches or plums for a fantastic ice cream topping!
- 3 tablespoons Lincoln County Reserve 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ripe apricots, halved lengthwise and pitted
- Vanilla ice cream (for serving)
- Prepare a grill for medium, direct heat, preferably with hardwood or hardwood charcoal.
- Cook maple syrup, butter, vanilla, and salt in a small skillet over low heat, whisking occasionally, until butter is melted.
- Grill apricots cut side down, brushing with syrup mixture as they cook, until lightly charred and tender, 8–10 minutes. Transfer to a platter cut side up, and brush with additional syrup mixture. Let apricots cool to room temperature, then serve with ice cream.
You can also use a grill pan for this recipe. Wipe pan with vegetable oil-soaked paper towels and heat over medium-high. Grill apricots cut side down, brushing with half of syrup mixture, until lightly charred and tender, 8–10 minutes. Transfer to a platter, cut side up, and brush with remaining syrup mixture.