- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup Lincoln County Reserve Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke (see note*)
- 1-½ teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a large saucepan. Whisk to combine and heat over medium. Bring to a full (but controlled) boil. Reduce the heat and allow sauce to simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 30 minutes, until thick.
- Remove saucepan from heat and allow it to cool. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools. Transfer sauce to a sealable container and refrigerate until ready to use. Sauce will keep for up to 3 weeks.
- Use as a meat marinade or for drizzling on all your favorite foods!
*You can omit the liquid smoke and replace it and the regular paprika with smoked paprika.