Sweet Potato Casseroles fall into both the side and dessert category. We’ve toned down the sugar to make this more of a side dish. The maple syrup drizzle on top gives a lovely flavor!
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped (about 8 cups)
- ½ cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ⅔ cup pecans, chopped
- 3 tablespoons almond meal
- 3 tablespoons Lincoln County Reserve 100% Pure Maple Syrup, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water to 1 inch above potatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 6 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain. Return potatoes to saucepan. Add milk, 1 tablespoon butter, and vanilla; mash to desired consistency. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and egg. Spread potato mixture in the bottom of an 11- x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, oats, pecans, almond meal, and 2 tablespoons syrup in a bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and canola oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle oat mixture over potatoes. Bake at 375°F for 18 minutes or until surface is golden. Remove pan from oven; drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon maple syrup.
Per Serving: 232 calories; fat 10.1g; saturated fat 2.1g; mono fat 4.5g; poly fat 2.1g; protein 4g; carbohydrates 31g; fiber 5g; cholesterol 21mg; iron 1mg; sodium 195mg; calcium 56mg; sugars 9g; added sugar 3g.Source: MyRecipes