- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Two 15-ounce cans pure pumpkin puree (or 4 cups fresh roasted pumpkin)
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon (plus more for garnish) Lincoln County Reserve 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Heat the butter in a large Dutch oven or stockpot. Sauté the onion over medium-high heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully stir in the pumpkin, stock, maple sugar, salt and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to medium and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the soup coats the back of a spoon. Off the heat, stir in the cream. Puree using an immersion or stand blender until very smooth.
- Serve the soup in bowls and garnish with maple sugar.